Frequently Asked Questions
How do I care for my Daubs & Dashes Scarf?
- Avoid wearing spiky jewellery or necklaces at the same time to prevent pulls or tears.
- Store them somewhere safe when they are not being worn such as their lovely gift box, alternatively hang them up.
- If you need to wash them, we recommend a warm hand wash or soak for a miximum of 15 minutes. Do not scrub, use strong stain removers or tightly twist the the water out. Gently squeeze out excess water, pat dry between a towel, then air dry. When the scarf is completely dry steam out creases or iron on a medium temperature setting.
- Colours will not run during washing but as silk is a natural material care should be taken with the fabric.
- Our scarves soften with wear, so the more you wear them the more you're love them!
How are Daubs & Dashes Scarves made?
Our luxury scarves are like no other on the market. Each one is an individual piece of artwork hand painted & inspired by travels, drawings and photographs. The scarves are air dried for a number of days and cured before being carefully boxed and gift wrapped.
Due to the nature of this freehand process your scarf may not look 'exactly' like the photo online. Textures, lines and details will vary slightly but we think thats what makes them special.
We use a British silk supplier providing the finest Organic, Fair-trade silk. Its the softest we've found, ensuring that our scarves are elegant, light weight and made to last.
I own a Boutique, how can I become and official Daubs & Dashes stockist?
We always love to hear from new stores! Drop an email to Georgia at email@example.com so we can learn more about your business and discuss your requirements.
What does the term 'Hand Rolled' mean?
It refers to the type of hemming we use for our scarves, the cut edges are carefully rolled and stitched to prevent any fraying and keep them looking flush.
Do Daubs & Dashes have any Sales?
Yes! We have seasonal sales which are exclusive to our mailing list. We will also give you the heads up on new designs, pop up events and other discounts. Simply sign up here.
All orders are boxed & gift wrapped; because we love to open presents so we assume you do to! Items are dispatch within 5 working days. UK orders are send 1st class Signed for delivery and usually arrive between 5-7 days of purchase date. Overseas orders will be sent by standard airmail and may take longer.
Free Delivery for UK orders
Personalisation and commissions are a fantastic way to ensure your order is bespoke to you. Anything that’s made to your specific requirements (i.e: personalisation or otherwise) can't be resold due to a bespoke element, therefore these items can not be cancelled or refunded.
Which Payment types do you accept?
We accept most payment methods: Apple Pay, Pay Pal, Visa, MasterCard, American Express & Discover. If you have any problems with paying through these methods we all accept direct BACs payments & Cheque; with cheque payments your order may take a little longer to arrive. Email Georgia with any queries.